I finally feel like I'm on a right path

Hi, standard long time/first time stuff.

I am a 22yo male from Poland and for around 3 years I maintained a weight of around 130kg (285 lbs) at 175 cm (5ft 9inch) and I was feeling quite comfortable with it. I was always a kinda active type of guy and my weight haven't really stopped me from doing physical activities like working out, cycling or fencing. My main motivation to lose weight was only vanity - I wanted to look better, so people will treat me better. I tried several times to shed off some pounds, using every trick in the book - training harder, CICO and all that stuff but I always relapsed and come back to the 130kg mark (never crossed it really, I don't know how it's possible) but this summer I made a swear. I wrote on a piece of paper "I will lose this excess weight" and burned it. I wanted to make it ceremonial. And I think it worked.

From August 20 I lost around 15 kg and I don't have any intention to stop. This time I didn't install MFP and I don't count calories, cause I tend to obsess about this stuff. This time I just cut sugar sodas (now I drink sugarless soda, I can't really drop it completely), I drink espressos instead of lattes and I just eat less. I don't really each much healthier (although I always ate a lot of vegies and fruits) but I just eat less. And I am amazed how much easier life is now. It's not a lot of weight, but I already feel that everyday activities are easier. it's easier to crouch, to climb steps, it's easier to go uphill on the bike, it's easier to do a flunge or fleche on training. And I hope it only gets better.

Just wanted to say, you all are a great inspiration for me. Seeing other people succeed makes me think that maybe I will too. Thank you very, very much.

submitted by /u/Argemen
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2KNFGiB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...