What a topsy turvy couple of days it's been. Yesterday morning a recruiter from a firm that does a lot of hiring in scientific fields in my city called saying there's a company that needs someone to fill in for 6 weeks for an employee going out on medical leave. This morning at 8:30 I had a phone screening and by 11 they had decided to bring me onboard and I start tomorrow morning. So I am (temporarily at least) a working woman again. And I'm hoping that by the end of the 6 weeks I'll have a permanent job lined up somewhere. Got a few good prospects right now. But dear Heaven my head is spinning from how fast it all went down and now I'm worrying about when I'm going to schedule a couple more interviews I have coming up so that it doesn't interfere with this assignment. Good thing I have a fair amount of flexibility in my hours but it still might create some issues depending on how flexible the interviewer is willing to be. Anyway, I was too busy with the phone screen and then a different interview that I already had planned since a couple weeks ago to overeat so yay for getting back on track after Thanksgiving?
Weight: 134.7 this morning. Working on getting back down to my pre-Thanksgiving weight
Calories: I did end up at 1318 yesterday and I'm on track to do well today also
Steps: 10642 yesterday. Not as much as I would have liked but ah well
Gratitude: Today I am very thankful to have the job offer which I will be starting tomorrow, no matter how chaotic it ended up making my day today and how much it might complicate my continuing search for a permanent job.
How are you all doing on this fine Tuesday? Only 3 more days left to go in the challenge!
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2RjEINc
No comments:
Post a Comment