I just replied to another post that credits after-dinner fasting as the key to her success and it has really helped me realize I'm at my wits end on the subject. I absolutely know that snacks in the evening are what's derailing my success at this point and yet nothing I've tried so far has broken me of the habit. I've tried allotting a certain portion of my calories for a healthy-ish or portioned evening snack but when it comes down to it I always wind up wanting something else, or too much of the healthy thing. I've tried no snacking at all and last a day or two max. It's insane because I'm so disciplined about every other aspect of this process, counting calories and macros all day, hitting the gym 4-5 times a week, incorporating strength training, but this is a habit I just can't seem to break. It's like I'm suddenly a different person and can rationalize almost anything! Even typing these things out the solution seems so simple but I just can't seem to overcome it. I've even tried asking my husband to stop me but I just talk him out of it in the end. It's getting embarrassing and it's absolutely why I've been plateaued for the last month or two despite so much effort in so many other areas.
I'm out of ideas but still so determined so I'm basically just spinning my wheels. Really in need of some new ideas or perspectives.
EDIT: I've also tried adding more time to my workouts the following day based on how much I went over my calorie goal but that started to feel pretty unhealthy pretty quick. More looking for some new preventative measures to try.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2NK9bl0
No comments:
Post a Comment