I don't know what has happened. When I was younger, I was able to lose weight by carefully rationing out calories and it was pretty simple. Granted, I never got to anything under the Overweight category - but I could stop being obese, which was good enough for me at the time.
Now, however, I find that even the notion of missing a meal freaks me out, even when I'm not starving. But being hungry itself worries me. I have been sitting at my current weight for about two years now, and I know that I'm capable of losing weight (like I said), but for some reason I can't find the discipline? motivation? something to take control of my eating.
Note I've occasionally been able to limit it, sometimes even doing a minifast, to great results, but I always feel like my motivation/discipline is totally used up after a day or two and I tend to have a couple of days off - which obviously negates what I just did.
Or more to the point - I can control my eating, but my set amount of calories seems to be 3200-3500 daily. Obviously, that needs to be slashed to somewhere around 2000.
I'm rambling a bit, so really I'm just reaching out in hopes that one of you could help give me some idea that I haven't had. How do I limit my food intake? How do I power through an urge to eat when I know I don't need it? How do you keep yourself occupied? What do you do to get yourself in the right headspace?
Finally, what do you do not to suppress your hunger but specifically your appetite: how do you ensure that you eat for fuel, rather than eat to fulfill some emotional need?
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2IS8C7X
No comments:
Post a Comment