Goal #1 - CRUSHED

Today is an exciting day for me. It marks the day I reached my first goal, to be under 300 pounds for the first time in over 7 years. I have a long way to go still but had to take a minute to stop and reflect and be proud of what I have accomplished bringing myself from over 360 pound down to 298.

Iv never posted a picture like this but this community has made me feel confident enough to do so.

Progress Pics: http://imgur.com/a/zegH0AI

My journey technically started about a year ago. I decide to cut out sugary soda and only drink diet. This caused me to drop about 20 pounds almost immediately. I was able to keep this off but that was it. I didn't try to lose any more and just thought "well this is nice" and left it be for about 8 months.

About 5 months ago I said fuck it. I'm tired of being this fat. I need to change. That is when I started to try things to actually drop some weight.

I started with MFP, learning what a proper portion size was and how many calories I was really taking in. It surprised me I was taking in over 3500 calories. Holy fuck. As of now I am happy to say I am consuming about 1800-2000 per day.

When I started watching I saw a bit of progress but minimal. That's when I discovered intermittent fasting. It scared me at first, I was so used to eatting breakfast and haveing a late night snack. But I tried it and after about a week I was surprised that I was able to transition myself to a typical 16/8 schedule by skipping breakfast. I wasn't usually hungry until about 10 or 11 and a bit of black coffee would hold me over until lunch.

Now one thing I will say is that when I started this I promised myself I would eat whatever the hell I wanted. And I have been able to do so. I still eat out for lunch multiple times per week, but will usually make supper. I still eat ice cream and I still order pizza. I figured if I was going to do this that I couldn't deprive myself of the foods I enjoyed. It wouldn't be sustainable if I did. I know I can still eat healthier, and I will slowly work to that but I am letting it take it's time for now.

I never thought I would be able to even get this far. I still want to reach around 225-250. I have a long way to go, but things are sustainable and I continue to see progress.

I have more energy now than I ever have and i can play more energetically with my son.

This has been the best decision of my life. Thank you to this community.

submitted by /u/MakeYourOwnHappiness
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2D9raQZ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...