https://i.imgur.com/BOkeHRe.jpg
Top two frames are when I hovered between 400 and 415 and the bottom two are about a month ago at 190.
The effort began the summer of 2011 and between then and summer of 2012 I was able to drop 100 without any intense cardio or strength training. It was solely portion control and lifestyle changed like being outdoors more, cutting out soda, getting a decent amount of sleep. I plateaued around 300 for about half a year then when I graduated college, the stress of not being able to find work along with other issues sent me into a spin of self loathing and eventually depression. I put back on about 60 of the original 100 I lost and maintained and over the next few years up until late 2014 I experienced more weight fluctuations than I can remember.
When I started working, instead of using that momentum to jump start working it again I did the inverse and started eating more and very poorly.
This continue until summer 2016 when I decided to give it one more strong push at 320. I started working out (my work out for the longest was unchanged and effective. An hour of cardio on the treadmill at max incline and 3.5 mph. Only recently now that I run do I skip the cardio at the gym and stick to only strength training.) So this final push, working out 5 days a week, steamed vegetables along with pretty much any meat I want for protein, but again, portion control is a must. Weight started falling pretty quickly, I pretty much gave up getting on a scale and went solely by feeling and cloning fit. The goal was to get back to 300 by February of this year but when I got on the scale I was already at 280. So I kept the momentum going and by midsummer I was at 235 and now here I am at 190.
I can’t list everything I’ve done and I’m more than glad to answer any questions that anyone may have.
Neat tidbit, size 56 pants to 32, 4xl shirt to Medium or Large, I can now hold my breath for a minute and a half with relative ease, and two weeks ago I did my first distance race as I work my way up to the half marathon next year and the full in 2019.
Best of luck to all of you out there who are trying and striving for a better version of you. It’s tough but entirely worth it.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2q5lHCc
No comments:
Post a Comment