Thoroughly disgusted with myself and it’s time for change.

Hey I’m new here. 24 year old male.

I find my mental health spiraling because of how heavy I am. My whole life has been bad food every day, I never drink water, I’m the heaviest I’ve ever been and it’s time for a change.

I’ve checked out the guidelines posted in the sidebar for starting to lose weight but it’s what you always hear. Intake less calories than you output. Which is fine advice but I don’t even know how to do that. My limited research on eating right has been unfruitful.

My whole life, my family has eaten very poorly. Fast food almost every day, terrible unhealthy food for family meals, etc. I’m so unhealthy that at 18 I had to have my gallbladder removed. I’ve got fat on my liver and I’m scared I’m going to damage my body to a point that’s irreversible like Diabetes or something. so I’m looking for some direction from one of you on here that have been in the same situation, or something similar.

Here are some questions if you don’t mind helping me out:

  1. What kind of food should I buy to prepare at home? Keep in mind my cooking skills are almost nonexistent lol.
  2. I’m pushing 300 pounds at 6’1”. What kind of daily exercises can I do that won’t ruin my joints because of the weight?

Like I said, from my limited internet research, I’m a little lost. So I’m hoping to start a dialogue that will help me and serve as an example to those like me who are fed up but scared to ask for help or don’t know where to start.

I may have more questions but we’ll get to them as they come up I guess. I just need help.

Much love

submitted by /u/ImpossibleShip
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Qcm6hk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...