Its been a rough year. I've been through a lot and accomplished a lot and am finally at a place where I can focus on myself again. I've gained 40 pounds in the last year. I've also gained a number of new clothes.
I'm a problem solver, but this past year I wasn't solving the right problem. When my old clothes stopped fitting, I solved it by changing the clothing to fit me instead of changing myself to go back to fitting in the clothing.
I went into my closet and grabbed every single pair of pants I owned. I currently own 30 pairs of pants (ranging from joggers, to shorts, to khakis, to jeans, to formal pants). There are 30 pants because they come in 4 different sizes.
This morning I tried on every pair of pants I owned. And I sorted them into three piles:
-
Pants that fit right now (varying levels of comfort but the button closes)
-
Pants that don't fit but could soon (they can go past my hips, but the button will not close)
-
Pants that don't fit now and might not for awhile (they don't even fit over my hips)
The original 30 pairs of pants separated about equally into the three categories.
Category 3 is now packed into a box. They won't be my focus for a few months and I don't need them taking up space.
Category 1 is hung back into my closet. I need to wear these to work.
Category 2 is stacked in a bin in my closet labeled "November 1". On that date, I will try them on again, and move as many as I can into Category 1. Those that remain in category 2 will be tried on in another month, at which point some from category 3 might join them.
Sometime soon I will hopefully make a category 0: pants that are too big to fit.
Does anyone else have a similar closet and want to join me in this?
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2IqEXm2
No comments:
Post a Comment