[SV][Major Milestone]-250 Pounds! Progress Pics (Kinda X-post r/keto)

Hi all! I've never posted in this sub before, as /r/keto has been my home since the beginning, but a friend encouraged me to post here in case it helps others.

First off - Progress Pics!

I've been on keto for over 3 years, starting in August 2015 after sitting on my bed in the summer and feeling the effects of obesity for the first time in my life, even after being morbidly obese for most of it. My back hurt, my legs were swollen, I couldn't even clean my house for more than 10 minutes at a time. I had never really felt like that before and was very active up until a couples years earlier.

I had Lap-Band surgery in 2008; went from 444 to 364 at my lowest in 2010. I was supposed to do a low-carb (but not keto) diet back then and wasn't ready to give up carbs. I would go through periods of eating well, and periods of exercising, but never at the same time. After 2010, for various reasons including my insurance changing and no longer covering Lap-Band fills, I gained some weight back, hovered around 400 for a few years, and then in 2013, life got super crazy, we bought a house where the kitchen is very out of the way, and I blew up and up until 526 in 2015.

As for my keto journey: I started keto in August 2015, started doing 16/8 IF in March 2016, switched to OMAD last August, then started adding in 48-hour fasts in November. Now I regularly do 72-96 hour fasts and only eat 2-3 times per week because I only seem to lose weight while fasting anymore. I'm actually currently crafting a plan to get out of extended fasting and back to OMAD, since I really don't enjoy fasting and if I eat multiple days in a row, even if under my calories, I gain a ton of water/food weight and I need to get back to an equilibrium. And because I get this question a lot, while fasting, I drink Monster Ultra Zero, water, and some Diet Mountain Dew. The Monster and soda may halt autophagy but that isn't my main goal for fasting.

I'm happy to answer any questions! I post about 95% of my meals on Instagram if you are curious or want to see more progress pics. You can find me there at cats.and.keto.

submitted by /u/JustFluffy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2N8NzhT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...