Strange genetical condition or something else?

Background : I'm a 16 year old dude who's been at it for almost a month now and lost 5 kg (11 lbs) and I've been obese my whole life, same goes for my father, my grandfather and my great grandfather. Lived my whole life convinced that its genetical, but never hid behind it or used to justify my irregular lifestyle, and unfortunately, never had the will to carry on consistently with a healthy one.

My (proclaimed) condition is basically : if I don't workout, regardless of what I eat, be it 1200 or 3000, I'll gain weight, either slowly or rapidly. I've tested this a couple months ago with a Cico system (my father was sure that it would fail, yet he encouraged me to try and find out), and it did, I lost almost no weight and was stuck in my current, no gains either so that's a silver lining, my calories for the day were 1500, half my calculated Tdee. If I DO workout however, I lose weight, with 5-8 kg guaranteed each month. I'm not trying to make this post be on the front page of r/fatlogic, because I'm proactively trying to benefit my health, I workout 3 hours a day for 6 days a week with a cico diet(around 1500- depends on how intense my workout is), and it's working! It's the consistency at which I fail mostly.

submitted by /u/KingDoni
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2DF8v0E

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...