Somehow, weight-loss compliment are making me feel bad?

I am a 5’2 female, and have restarted my weight loss journey about 4 weeks ago. I started at well over 200 pounds, which makes me horribly sad to think about. So far, in a month’s time, I’ve lost 12 pounds! Nowhere near where I should be in terms of a healthy weight, but I feel that’s a strong start out of the gate.

This is going to sound probably both oversensitive and silly. People have already noticed my change in weight, it’s easily coming off my face, largely because I’m small, losses and gains alike are very noticeable. So when someone starts to tell me how much better I’m looking, the sad part of my brain thinks, “well, jeez how bad was I looking before?”

Probably doesn’t make much sense. I wasn’t this heavy for long, just over a few years due to a medication complication. My brain hasn’t had much time to adjust to real significant weight changes. I’ll try instead to look at it as a positive instead of rehashing old, bad feelings.

Thanks for reading!

submitted by /u/Insomniac38
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Mhs65U

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...