Should you decrease calorie budget after weight loss?

(Hey everyone! Pretty sure I know the answer but just wanted to make sure I'm doing this right)

21F 5'0" SW: 165 (April 2018) GW: 140 CW: 141

The way I lost about 10 lbs in the last two months is by having a daily calorie BURN of 2300+ and eating ~1500 calories. This involved lots of calculations on a TI-84 calculator all day while on the treadmill to make sure I'll burn that amount, and it used to be that I would burn about 1 calorie a minute at rest, but now it's at around 14 calories per 15 minutes (so BMR going from 1440 to 1344).

As the title suggests, should I look at lowering my daily calorie burn goal to 2200 instead of 2300 to reflect this BMR decrease? (And therefore also lowering my daily food calorie intake from 1500 to 1400?) Is there anyone else that has a calorie burn tracker like a fitbit that has done the same?

submitted by /u/kalenurse
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2M8McPD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...