I live with my family. I'm 25 but in graduate school and I can't afford to live alone. I usually make my own meals but my mom has recently jumped on the healthy bandwaggon - or so I thought - so I have been eating my mom's meals as well.
I have noticed, however, that since I started eating my mom's food that I haven't exactly been losing weight at a speed that I was hoping. I blamed in on PMS because my mom has been telling me she's using "healthy ingredients only" and is really proud of me - she wouldn't be dumping unhealthy ingredients in there just to piss me off.
Yesterday, she was making a vegetarian stew. She told me she would use all the healthiest ingredients and she found it on the internet. I was super happy and excited, until I walked into the kitchen and saw her pouring about a cup of olive oil inside the stew (which makes about 10 servings).
I freaked out and asked her why she was using so much oil when it wasn't necessary. She told me the Internet said Olive Oil was extremely healthy so she hasn't been shy with it. I then educated her on the whole Olive Oil is still oil which is FAT and shouldn't be used so freely.
She felt really bad but I'm glad I've figured out why I haven't been losing weight in the last 2 weeks. I love her and her food but I'll be sticking with mine lol.
Tl;dr - Mom uses Olive Oil like she does water because it's healthy. I was the victim in eating her healthy food.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2xzCKAw
No comments:
Post a Comment