I've done it. After a year and a half of CICO, after a four month plateau, after giving up for a week, I finally walked through the door to Onederland! (Progress pic below)
After looking at a picture of myself and being disgusted over how I looked, I decided to change my health for the better. When I started actually weighing myself, I was at 265 pounds after a few weeks of dieting making the starting weight higher(!).
I stuck to CICO, logging EVERYTHING in MFP, even water. I found that once you get comfortable with healthy portion control, and basic diet changes (plain yogurt and fruit as a snack instead of pretzels, etc.), it gets easier to instinctively eat healthier. I still eat pizza, burgers, etc, but a lot less frequently than before.
I started with an 1800 calorie limit and found I easily came in under that every day while sticking to a healthy diet. That gave immediate positive feedback when I regularly ran a deficit of 50-100 calories on top of my already decent deficit. While I've stopped regularly logging calories I will log a few days in a row to see if I'm sticking to my goals and to recalibrate my internalized portion/calorie numbers.
As for exercise, I only have been regularly exercising by using a rowing machine I bought myself. I rarely set foot in a gym at all and even when I did, it was such a chore and I hated every second I was there. I would always make excuses like I was too tired or it was too far away and not keep a regular schedule. By putting the machine in my apartment (and making such a big investment) I eliminated 99% of my excuses and now I look forward to coming home and working out!
Finally, that damned plateau, I'd been hovering around 200-205 for the last 4 months and tried literally everything to get under what seemed to be an impossible barrier. I gave up last month for about a week after some stressful things happened in my personal life and I was discouraged by the lack of any change.
Instead of giving up, I lurked here for a bit, refocused, and got right back on my feet. Today I got on the scale and it read 199.6. For the first time in a decade, I am under 200+ pounds and it feels incredible to say that.
/r/loseit helped me begin this journey. I truly would not have been able to stick with it without the support of this page and the encouraging words/stories you all have to tell.
This is not the end as I am now setting a brand new goal, but thanks to you all, I know it's actually achievable! If you are looking at losing weight, whether it's 50 pounds or 5, it's completely doable and I will encourage you the way you have all encouraged me!
As promised, the picture which started it all and where I am today
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2CYzCDo
No comments:
Post a Comment