Oddly enough, this is one of the satisfying victories of my weight loss journey.
Before I started losing weight, Google came out with Art Selfie app that let you take a selfie and then compares your selfie to famous works of art. Since I majored in art history in college, I was super excited about this. I downloaded the app, took a selfie, and waited for the results....what work of art would I look like? The results came back, and I was completely devastated - all the results that came back were images of old, fat women. I thought that there must have been a mistake and took a few more selfies, but the results came back the same, more overweight, ugly women. Surely my face couldn't be that big, right?
A month later, my work had a weight loss competition, and I decided to enter it. I didn't win, but I lost over 30 pounds in 3 months. After the competition ended, I kept the momentum up and lost another 25 pounds for a total of over 55 pounds in 6 months through exercise and CICO. I've tried to shift my mentality from "this is a temporary diet so I can lose weight quick" to "this is a healthy lifestyle change so I can lose and maintain my weight loss", which has helped me stay motivated. I've been sticking to around 1200-1300 calories a day and working out when I can. I've upped my workouts from 2-3 days a week to 5-6 days and have found exercises that I actually like doing like biking! This journey has been tough, and I'm not done yet, but I'm proud of the progress that I've made so far.
This morning, I saw an article about the Google Art Selfie app. I decided to download the app again and see if it said I still looked like those fat, old ladies in famous paintings. To my surprise, the results this time were very different this time - the app likened my selfies to paintings of young, average sized women! Although it seems like a small victory, I'm so ecstatic! As many others have noted, it's tough to see a difference when you look in the mirror every day. However, when I compared pics of how I used to look to how I look now, I noticed that I held a lot of weight in my face; my face has really slimmed down (along with the rest of my body).
Looking forward to losing more and see what Google Art Selfie says I look like next!
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2QauNcC
No comments:
Post a Comment