My wife and I feel stuck and lost. Need help figuring out how to change our lifestyle.

So my wife and I have been working on getting healthy, and we have tried quite a few things. Just now, my wife finally admitted and accepted that she has an eating disorder. Rather than try and speak for her I've asked that she explain her feelings in this post.

So I am overwhelmed with my life in general and I am so tired of food and eating and my weight being another thing I am stressing over. I have been big my whole life and I have learned that diets and calorie counting becomes an obsession for me that is short lived and usually ends up with me gaining more weight in the end. I am very in my head about it all and I constintly hear comments others have said about big people and naturally assume its what they are saying and thinking about me. I wish I could just tell myself they aren't and to not care what others think but this usually starts a vicious cycle of me getting anxious and depressed and then me eating to cope and make me feel better. I know the best thing to do is just DO IT! But for me it's not that easy... I need my health to be the priority not my weight and I need it to just be a natural part of my day that I don't have to stress over or spend a ton of time and money on. I also need a REAL lifestyle change that is practical and permanent. I have done a lot of looking and reading into intuitive eating and it seems the most natural way to do it, but I don't have the money or time to meet with councilors and dietitians. So now what? Where do I go from here...

submitted by /u/homefry91834
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OtR6Jl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...