Maintenance has been a failed experiment for me, any advice for trying again?

Hey, y’all!

F, 26, 5’2”. I started losing in January 2016, starting at 194 pounds. I hit my goal weight of 125 pounds about 3 weeks ago.

I started eating at maintenance (or MFP’s idea of maintenance, which I’m pretty sure is actually a little too high) when I hit goal. I’m not sure if it was bad timing in a hormone cycle in combination with the drastic change in diet (up by about 500 calories per day), but everything immediately went to shit.

I got the worst acne I’ve ever had, gained about 7 pounds of water weight literally overnight, and worst of all my previously mild body dysmorphia was now off the charts. I knew it was just 7 pounds, I knew it was just water weight, people kept telling me it was barely visible and I wanted to believe them, but I’d look in the mirror and want to cry. Not a good time, and completely unsustainable for me.

So as of this week, I’m back on a “cut” and eating at my losing calories until the scale says 125 again instead of 132. It’s already helping, which is the good news. But now that I’m getting close again, I need some advice as to how one maintains successfully. I feel like my big mistake was not doing any research before trying to just jump in, and I’d really like it to go better this time.

Advice/commiseration/thought and prayers, anyone?

submitted by /u/VintageRose
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2zDiWOg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...