How I used video games to exercise and lose weight (40 lb milestone)

Hello, I'm a 22 year old male, and I've been overweight/obese for most of my life. I think most of it comes from lack of exercise, I never really had an awful diet, or food addiction. The issue was that exercise has just always been so abysmally boring, but I got to my highest weight at 245 around the end of last year, and decided I needed to lose it. I had lost weight in highschool before, but that was all through caloric restriction, no exercise, this time it was mainly exercise, and then starting caloric restriction this summer onward. But let's get to what I titled this post, and really what I owe a large part of current motivation to, playing video games while I exercise. This is the only thing that kept me going for the past 3-4 months of exercise daily. I can easily play them using the joy-cons from the nintendo switch (but I did use a normal controller first), since they can be split, and I can then have my arms in a comfortable position. I think I can probably replace the video games at this point, since I more crave the physical stimulation of the exercise effects, more so than the mental stimulation. It also allows me to use small equipment in my home, started with a small stepper, then a foot only elliptical, now a higher end stepper, since the other 2 broke down. I don't know if any other method of exercise would've worked for me starting out, and I am glad that I could find this method.

Now that I'm back at college, it's even easier for me to do more exercise, since I walk more, and control my diet more easily, and I've lost 20 of my 40 pounds in the last 5 weeks. So if you have the coordination, and are also bored to tears by exercise, I suggest trying to do different things when exercising, like video games, or maybe even reading a book. Just having another motivation before I got used to the exercise itself, made all the difference. That's all I had to say, thanks for reading!

submitted by /u/magical3
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2NzblsC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...