Adding disclaimer that I’m 6’5”, so numbers on scale should be viewed more relatively than they may appear
Hi losers! This is my first kind of update I guess on my journey, and like my initial post, it’s primarily to log this for me, but also to share with you all, as reading your stories helps me every day.
So today my scale registered a 105.0 kg at my now weekly weigh in. Of course I was very happy to see the number go down week on week, but it was when I converted the KG into stone (born in UK, Imperial measurements are still what makes sense to me when it comes to my body, long distances and volumes of beer) that I got really excited to see it I had now lost a full stone.
That came for me at a good time I think, because whilst I’m now finding my calorie counting routine much easier, and I was starting to feel the differences, I felt in myself that maybe I could have done better a few days this week, and honestly I wasn’t that sure I would be lower than last week’s 106.6kg.
There have been some really tough days already as I maybe didn’t pick the most opportune time to start losing weight, namely 4 birthdays including my own in the last 3 weeks, a friend’s engagement party and another friend’s play opened (wine and cheese and a room full of strangers - normally that would trigger some anxiety eating), then we went away on holiday and today was the Grand Final (My team won... but there was an all day sausage sizzle and beer lol). So a lot of temptation... mostly in the form of pizza and cake, which traditionally have been my two favourite food groups.
In terms of managing to get through these days, obviously it’s mostly a mental battle. Most everyone who knows me is used to me loving food, eating a lot, having seconds etc, so I’ve had to say ‘no’ a lot. Actually a lot more than I ever thought I would to be honest. I kind of thought when I started this I’d just have to say ‘I’m on a diet’ and it would be a golden ticket out of being offered more food... in reality not at all! Naturally whilst I’ve now come to realise that everyone knew me as a ‘fat guy’, they really knew me as a ‘happy fat guy’ who just enjoyed his food, so most people tell me I’m not that fat, or ‘you can cheat just this once’, etc. It’s actually been much harder than I thought to find ways to communicate to people that actually I wasn’t fat because I get dessert when we go out for a meal, I got fat because I would eat 2 Big Macs to make myself feel better when I wasn’t even hungry, and I’m trying to change that... Obviously with varying degrees of openness depending on who I’m talking to.
By and large though I’ve managed to stay within my goals for almost 3 weeks. My birthday was technically a cheat day, as I went 8kcal over target, but I’m still counting it as a win just because I managed to stay disciplined all day despite being taken out for brunch, dinner and evening drinks. Normally when I’ve tried to lose weight when I knew I’d failed that day I’d say ‘sod it’ and binge, but .. yeah managed to keep it going.
I don’t think I’m far enough into this to be offering advice, but so far my lessons have been to really plan ahead and try and get a ball park idea of what you’ll be eating and drinking (had to swap out beer for spirit+soda lol) that day ahead of time, and stick to your guns when people with good intentions make it harder.
No diet advice from me either - I’m almost eating the same as I was before, just smaller portions. Obviously some sensible changes like cutting out the near daily fast food, but mostly I’ve just been eating what I like, but less of it - I’ve had bacon, and pizza...cake even, I just weigh it and log it.
Anyway, thank you if you read this, and I hope it might help or motivate someone who ready it the same way your stories help me. Enjoy your weekends losers!
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Iq3urm
No comments:
Post a Comment