H: 5'3, SW: 213lb, CW: 202lb, GW: 121lb My BF% has dropped to 46.7% from 49.4%.
Formerly a size 2 that's now a solid size 12-14 from years of inactivity, depression, binge-eating PCOS and generally sitting on my ass all day. I've been lurking here and getting lots of help for a wee while and thought I'd post my progress and ask some questions! Any advice on where to go from here would be much appreciated.
I started trying out keto and IF around the 6 Aug but only started doing it properly on 13 Aug - so it's been just under a month.
Sticking to <20g of carbs has been a struggle but I'm roughly sticking to it. I've definitely had a few nights where I've gone off keto (dinners and nights out) but I haven't seen it interfere too much with my weight loss. I didn't experience too much of the dreaded "keto flu". I've dabbled in low carb before so I was somewhat prepared with the electrolytes and copious amounts of water. I've started taking MCT oil and found it made a big difference in my energy levels.
Straight up, I've not been clean-eating or eating healthily. I don't get a lot of veges in my day (mostly don't want to waste my precious carbs on them). I do kale chips (with parmasen) or a green coconut smoothie with spinach sometimes but mostly it's a lot of meat and some cheese. I've also been making a lot of "alternatives" to the regular carb-fare using almond/coconut flour so I don't feel like I'm depriving yourself... so far so good. Stevia as well as Torani sugar free syrups have looked after my sugar cravings.. as well as a lot of Coke zero. I've also found chocolate that's very low carb and sweetened with stevia - godsend honestly. Alot of people seem to say these things can stall weight loss by kicking you out of ketosis but I figured let's try it and I can adjust if it does interfere. I really don't want to feel like I'm depriving myself because that's usually why Ive stopped other eating plans before. I think its been okay so far, still steadily losing weight and fat. Please feel free to critique this if you think I'm doing something terribly wrong or bad for keto/my body.
I'm also not sure if my weight loss is too fast or too slow. I've been weighing myself daily and it feels like its been a steady pound or two dropping daily. Tbh the only reason I'm a bit concerned is I don't really want to get loose skin if I lose weight too fast (because that seems to be a thing).
Related to that, I've not really incorporated any exercise into my schedule yet... but I've heard strength training helps maintain muscle. Tried to do 30 minute daily walks atleast but it has been far from consistent so I'd say I'm basically sedentary (grad student that's researching most of the time). Should I try harder to incorporate exercise? If so, what type and how often (bare minimum will suffice lol)?
Haven't found a replacement for rice that I enjoy so far (miracle rice and cauli-rice just suck in terms of texture) - holla at me if you know anything I should try!
Quite happy with how this is going so far - just wanting to check that my progress is "normal" and get any help on how to improve things if I can!
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2LOjweT
No comments:
Post a Comment