water retention in action

Sort of a PSA / n=1 experiment in water retention, for the amusement of all...

​

A little background first : I've been on maintenance for over 10 years, so I'm pretty used to the fluctuations of weight that come with exceptional circumstances like travel. This past weekend I went on a brief holiday where I fully expected to gain tons of water weight upon my return. As that's exactly what happened, I figured it could be interesting for myself as well as others to document the progression of my weight and the related caloric intake and activities over the past and coming days.

​

Starting weight on the morning of 23 August, just before leaving on holiday : 86.8 lbs.

23 August : Calories consumed : 1509 // calories burned per fitbit : 1714 // 16385 steps

24 August: Calories consumed : 1400 // calories burned per fitbit : 2517 // 25568 steps

25 August : Calories consumed : 1705 / calories burned per fitbit : 2313 // 31995 steps

26 August : Calories consumed : 1630 // calories burned per fitbit : 1638 //20532 steps

​

Weight this morning, 27 August, first day back from holiday : 91 lbs.

​

Which makes a gain of 4 lbs in just 4 days! Obviously not a gain of fat, so I'm interested to see how much will come off, and how quickly, now that I'm back home and on my normal eating routines. I'll come back and post my morning weight over the coming days :)

submitted by /u/luxepiggy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2wiIFJL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...