No fast food!

I didn’t really eat much fast food growing up, my dad would bring us to McDonald’s on the occasional Sunday, but that was about it. My first year at college is when it started. They ran out of dorm rooms at my school and had to put some of us up at another school. Not expecting us to shuttle back to school dorm cafeterias, they simply loaded enough cash on our cards to eat at any of the restaurants at the student union. Burger King was the only restaurant there I liked, and there was no way to cook in the dorm, so I ate bk 3 times a day that first year. Mmm... the big king.

18 years later I’m still going to BK everyday. They know me by name, know my order.

I didn’t pack on the freshman 15 and stayed a pretty constant 150-160 lbs throughout my twenties, We all know how it is when you hit your 30s though. By this spring I’d ballooned to 205. My clothes don’t fit. I experienced heart burn for the first time ever. I just felt fat.

So 2 weeks ago I decided to hire a trainer and get back into the gym. I like this guy, he pushes me, I feel like I’m really working out, but I continued going to BK... until this past Sunday.

I honestly have no clue what clicked (and I realize it’s only been 4 days, but still, I can feel it) but I woke up in the morning and went to the grocery store (I haven’t used my kitchen in years) and bought stuff to meal prep and spent the day doing so.

I’ve been reading, and watching videos about meal prepping for years. I’ve tried it before, but would always go for fast food on day 2 and let everything go to waste. But this time is different. I actually made stuff I enjoy, and kept it at 1,800 calories. I’ve been eating this stuff for 4 days now and am not hungry at all. In fact, I kinda have to force myself to eat dinner.

Breakfast is 3 scrambled eggs with peppers, onions, mushrooms. Followed by a banana like an hour later. A pb&j sandwich (insanely easy to prep an entire loaf of bread worth assembly line style and freeze) after my workout, followed by a turkey sandwich for lunch. A mason jar salad around 5 or 6pm (again super simple. Filled jar with a rainbow of veggies, and turkey & cheese, then just put 2 handfuls of lettuce in a bowl and flip the jar on top) and finally chicken/yellow rice/broccoli for dinner. That’s about 1800 calories... what I need to lose ~2lbs per week. And it fills me up! One bk meal has more calories and I’m hungry soon after.

Anyway, I don’t want to tell my friends yet, but I just know I’m on the right track, I can feel it in my bones, with a sustainable meal plan that I enjoy. And...

I haven’t been to Burger King in 4 days and I’m not craving it! At all!!

submitted by /u/jamesk142
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OFl7oW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...