Getting out of the “food as reward” mindset

This morning I had an early meeting at an office 30 minutes from my own. Last night, I was literally planning out a morning treat (“I can go to Dunkin’ Donuts! I can get a breakfast sandwich! And a latte!”) Literally moments earlier, I’d also told myself I needed to get my weight headed back in the right direction.

I forced myself to make a to go cup of coffee (50 calories of milk and sweetener) and an egg tortilla (250 calories) for a less calorie dense equivalent to what I was intending on getting at a drive through. And I felt great! I saved money! I saved calories! I’m being responsible!

Get to work and finish with all my meetings for the day. It’s now 1pm. “I should go to Subway and get a sandwich and chips! Those meetings were the worst.” Again, I stopped myself in time and went to the office freezer, where I had a 200 calorie meal waiting to be heated up.

I definitely fall into the trap of “one treat isn’t going to ruin anything” but I’m noticing that I will literally “treat myself” all day long. I’m working on non food insta rewards (current reward - redditing on my phone for fifteen minutes instead of dealing with paperwork.)

What are your favorite non food rewards? I don’t do well waiting for a bigger reward (at x lbs lost, you get this!).

submitted by /u/sparrow125
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2LhxZQc

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...