When you can't get to the gym, how reliable is the estimated calorie burn advertised on YouTube's workout videos?

I am currently eating anywhere between 900-1600kcal which will give me a deficit of at least 500 per day. I can appreciate that the lower range may be a little low for others but it works for me and I don't eat at 900 daily!

I try to go to the gym daily, I usually burn 300kcal (this is the best I can do) in an hour on the treadmill. I aim to one day use the rowing machine, but I'm a bit too self-concious as it's in the weights area.

When I can't visit the gym, I usually do some workouts at home but I've had second thoughts about them. Many workout videos advertise 200/300/500 calorie burn but how are they accurate for everyone (assuming moderate effort)? If I recall correctly, calorie burn is based on weight? How can I estimate my personal calorie burn from these videos? I've tried to google thoughts on this but haven't got far.

I make sure that my heart rate is in the optimal fat burn range and by the end, I'm drenched in sweat. But I'm not sure how to approach the calorie burn from these videos within my CICO regime? Does anyone else use this videos and count it as true exercise/calorie burn?

submitted by /u/Amateurcellist92
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2mxzpMy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...