I grew up poor and while we never starved, there were days when I definitely wished there was more to eat. Now that I’m older it’s very difficult to not splurge. Growing up, if you didn’t eat it right away, it wasn’t going to be there later because someone else would get to it first. It’s so hard for me to break that mindset. Not so much as home, because I do the groceries and control what my kids eat, but definitely at social gatherings.
I’ve been doing CICO for about a month now and I don’t mind it at all, but I’m also tired of feeling guilty all the time. Even just staying within my maintenance. If I want that cookie, I’ll make the room for it in my calories without going over. But then I feel mentally bad because maybe I should’ve had an apple and pb instead.
I love food. I love baking. It’s one of the few hobbies I have, that I can still manage to do as a stay at home mom. But I don’t do it because it creates the temptation. Except now I’ve become tired of feeling guilt for enjoying my food. I don’t want to spend my life settling for that apple with peanut butter when I really actually wanted a cupcake.
How can I find that balance? How do I not feel guilt about what I’m eating?
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2NAJF1P
No comments:
Post a Comment