I know there are posts like this out there, but I need to vent.
I work in an office and see the same people all of the god damn time. This being Colorado, I can't think of anyone from work off the top of my head who hasn't talked about their gym, or what fitness tracker they wear. However, when it comes to the food people eat, it's a different story. I never comment on what someone else is eating - EVER. Because I don't like it when they do it. But that doesn't stop them.
Recently people have become more aggressive. They'll offer me a brownie or cookie, and when I decline they're more forceful and say something like "it's okay, it can be your cheat day, take it." Once there were a couple of boxes of donuts going around, and as it passed me the person next to me gave me a wicked dirty look, didn't take one, and then shouted "fuck it" and took a donut. Like I'm some sort of killjoy - back when I was >300lbs, people didn't offer me any food ever, probably because they thought I'd take six of whatever it was. Now I'm shamed for not taking it. Here's the thing - I don't like sweets. I like savory food. If you're passing out chicken parmesan sandwiches on ciabatta bread, I'm going to be balls deep in that sandwich (after I consult MyFitnessPal).
Yesterday I was walking to my car, and my boss walked by and said "I see you walking to the garage every day - always want to get those steps in, huh?" I choose to park in the parking garage about 1/2 mile away from my office building rather than using the lot outside because of this time of year - the garage protects my car from the damaging hail, and it also keeps it cool all day. Plus the security office is located in the parking garage, so I feel safer. Yeah, it's nice to get more "steps" in - but the next person who says that is going to get my rant about how I focus more on calories burned than steps walked, for crying out loud.
The more weight I lose, the more I feel like people pay attention to what I do. People ask me what I'm doing, as though it's some sort of unattainable goal, some ancient secret. But if they asked me I could probably give each of my coworkers tips based on what I've seen them eat and do/not do. But I won't, because I'm not an asshole.
Rant over. *sips kombucha*
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2zW31wo
No comments:
Post a Comment