One Run Can Change Your Day. Many Runs Can Change Your Life!
HAPPY MONDAY!!!
Each week I start off with a bit of a positive quote or mantra and many times they're things that I've picked up along the running journey that I've undertaken in this part of my life. Today's mantra I've used previously in this post but today I'm going to relay exactly how it applies to my weightloss journey and my life.
When I started losing weight at 376+ pounds I never imagined that I would ever attempt running. It was never something I had ever enjoyed doing and quite honestly had been something that I hated with every drop of my being from the time that I was old enough to understand that running was punishment in every sport that I played as a child. However, as I started on my journey I needed to become more active to help control my blood sugar as I was also a Type 2 diabetic so I started walking with my better half. Walking became kind of competitive between us. We’d walk faster and faster attempting to go another lap or two further each day.
After a couple of months I thought I’d try running. OH MY GOD NO I wasn’t ready. My knees hurt. My heart thought it was going to explode. My lungs couldn’t keep up. Dear baby Jesus that sucked…. And I had only gone 200 meters…
Another couple of months passed and I tried again. This time I took it slow. I was starting to C25K. I had a plan and I was sticking to it. I was adapting my diet attack to running. I was going to do this. I did. That first run changed my day. The 2nd changed that one. The 3rd changed that one too. Before long I enjoyed that feeling of accomplishment of doing something I never thought I was capable of doing.
At 33 I ran the first full mile of my life and that day changed my life. That feeling was something I had felt so rarely in my life and I realized I could do just about anything if I set a goal and followed my path forward until I reached it.
That feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment builds and builds and as it becomes something that happens more and more often it becomes normal everyday life. Everyday that you commit to your plan and path and move forward your changing your life one small step at a time.
Three years later at 36 I'm looking around and my life is so incredibly different than at any point. I've maintained my weight loss for 2 years. I run nearly everyday and am faster than I ever imagined.
In a couple of weeks we'll be welcoming a new addition to our family too. Something that 3 years ago we couldn't have done. Neither of us could have done this and commit to our son’s future with the health that we had at the time. Now I can easily see myself being an active father well into this one's life.
One run changed my day… 1000 runs have changed my life forever.
Links
r/C25k - For those just getting started
r/Running - For the sport of Running
r/ARTC - For the Advanced Training of competition
Comments
How did your week go? Who's dieing in the heat? Did you kill C25K? Race?
Comments, questions, gripes?
Go!
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2KsO0as
No comments:
Post a Comment