So, lately I’ve been on track. Exercising more (I climbed that hill on the bike! I held that position in yoga!) and eating mindfully. I haven’t been tracking but the weight was showing lower numbers again for the first time in a while. Felt good, man!
Then I went and had a lumbar puncture.
Ever heard of spinal headaches? They’re a side effect some people get from punctures. The only relief is lying down. For me, I was stuck in foetal position for 24 hours cause I couldn’t move. I haven’t been able to stand up for more than a few minutes at a time since last Tuesday (today, as of writing, is Monday.) when I do get up I can’t make any sudden movements with my head.
I haven’t been able to cook, or even sit up to eat. Suddenly I’m back to pizzas and other semi-bed friendly takeaways (I don’t have family or friends nearby who could cook for me unfortunately). No exercise. My step count for the past week is atrocious. I haven’t dared go on the scale to check the damage, but I feel it. That dress I ordered online in “my” size arrived and when I tried it on it was tight. I had a little cry.
I’ve shut myself off socially and romantically partially from my mental state but also physical. I was feeling so good about everything and then suddenly, unexpected, I’ve just watched reruns of dr who in bed for a week. I’m bored, angry and so horrified that all my work has been undone, and not out of a choice I made but because my body couldn’t handle a simple enough procedure. I don’t know when this headache will end and I can make the 1k walk to the shop again. Or just, sit up. Do sun salutations. Fit that damn dress...
Thanks for bearing with me, loseit. Do you have any good tips on how to not frustrate myself into giving up? And if anyone’s been through this whole spinal headache fun ride, any tips on that too? (And yeah that includes netflix options cause I am running out ha!)
You guys are great 😊
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Kotrf6
No comments:
Post a Comment