My personal semi-weekly reminder: Exercise is not punishment for overeating. Fasting is not punishment for overeating. Stop even *thinking* about punishing yourself for overeating.

My poor brain/body is like a puppy. Stress it out and it'll gobble up all the food it can reach to try and feel better. I need to remember that like a puppy, a nice walk (or run) will be a good treat, and so are cuddles and music and play time with friends, and kicking the puppy for doing what it does when stressed is not a good way to make it less stressed.

A happy healthy brain/body starts with kindness and good planning, not self-loathing.

Also I need to remember that I need to plan portion control, because in the moment, I won't think to stop munching when I'm not enjoying my food anymore.

submitted by /u/bookwench
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2zdDcb5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...