18yo girl here.
Around two years ago, I decided to begin losing weight through a combination of healthy eating, exercise, and tracking calories. At the time, I was 5'6 and 145lbs. I exercised daily (both cardio and strength), ate healthy, and tracked according to lose it which had me eating around 1,400 cals a day. I saw results extremely fast. I began in late July and by October, I weighed around 125lbs (20lbs down!). I looked healthier, fitter, and overall better. But then I became obsessed with counting calories. I tracked every day and would always take pictures of my meals so that I could track them later. I would panic if I ate over the amount of calories and subsequently feel shitty about myself. I wasn't eating processed carbs, limited my processed sugar intake to 0, and made sure I hit my fiber and protein count daily.
Then there was one day where one of my teachers bought our class doughnuts. Everyone took a donut, including me, and he began his lecture. Instead of listening, I began calculating the amount of calories I had eaten that day with the donut added on my graphing calculator. He saw that I wasn't paying attention and called me out and asked what on earth I could be doing on a graphing calculator in english class. That was my turning moment. I realized I'd become obsessed with counting calories. I stopped after that day.
It's been two years since I've tracked my calories. Now I have a much more healthy relationship with calories (I usually just calculate a rough estimate in my head at the end of the day). But, due to being busy with school and some vacations, I've gained some of the weight I lost back (I'm around 138lbs right now). I really want to start losing again but don't want to start tracking my calories on an app.
I'm at a lost as to what I can do. I just can't seem the get the results I want without limiting my calories and counting them.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Ng35Jh
No comments:
Post a Comment