Just a reminder to everyone here. There are very real, very serious consequences to being overweight.
It's something I've struggled with for years myself. I've posted on here once or twice, but never really been able to push myself to lose what I need to. How I look is embarrassing to me, but I never really stopped and thought "this could kill me." The same was true with my Dad. I tried to get him to go on hikes with me, go on some kind of diet with me. Anything, really. He was never really interested.
My Dad looked me in the eyes a few hours ago and didn't know who I was. His blood pressure is so high it's put pressure on his brain, to the point that he isn't coherent. Now I have to sit here and wait to hear back about test results and wonder if he's going to be okay.
Parents on here, let this be motivating to you. I'm a reasonably stoic person, and I was crying my eyes out in the hallway earlier today. Don't ask your kids to go through what I am because you weren't willing to help yourself.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2L0iCzo
No comments:
Post a Comment