I’m concerned that I didn’t lose any fat, only water weight and muscle

Hey all.

In the last week of April I started losing weight. I continued this for roughly one month and temporarily stopped as I had exams and wanted to focus on that. 2 weeks ago I started again.

In total, I have lost 24 lbs (= 11 kg). I am 18 years old and used to weigh 238 lbs and now I weigh 213,8 lbs. (= 108 kg - now 97 kg). I am 5’10” and my goal weigh is 176 lbs.

However, I lost all of this by doing no exercise, just having a calorie deficit and walking almost every day, hitting on average 8k steps every day (not THAT much, but it was decent). I didn’t check any macro’s, I only focused on calories. From last week onwards I am checking my macro’s now (I want to hit my protein goal). As of next week I’ll start going to the gym, following the GSLP program and HIIT, 5-6 days a week.

My problem is that after losing 24 lbs I don’t see a difference. My clothing doesn’t fit any better. My belt size has gone down one but other than that no change. I compared pics (I took a pic after I lost 8 lbs). Slight difference on my waist. Man boobs still the same.

Because I didn’t work out I feel like I lost water weight and muscles only and it feels like I’ve been dieting 2 months for nothing. I didn’t expect much after 2 months, but I’ve lost 40% of what I had to lose which is a lot in my opinion.

I’m pretty demotivated now.

submitted by /u/flexnss
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2LiAFSE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...