If you live alone (or maybe don't?), where and how do you eat?

I realized that the meal I overeat most, the one that has no definite beginning or end, no defined serving size is dinner at home. I live alone, so generally I snack on cheese or something while I cook, have a glass of wine or 2, and then eat whatever I make - a few pieces of lasagna, some pizza (fine, the whole pizza that I made, from scratch, with lots of veggies but still, it's a whole pizza), all of the stir fry and the rice, whatever it is. It would look, and be, healthy if it was one serving, but it's 2 maybe 3.

And I eat on the couch watching TV or being on the computer so I basically am unconscious about what I'm putting in my mouth until my stomach is uncomfortably full.

So starting today there is a new habit - all food eaten at the table. Off a plate (not a bowl that I shovel into my mouth.) The desk top computer is on that table, but I taped a picture of a flower that I took over it so that it isn't just looming there (it's off, but I don't need to see my reflection. That might be step 2....)

I can eat whatever I want, but it needs to be at the table.

And I can watch whatever I want but it needs to be without food.

I have to admit, it is going to feel really weird to do this.

So what about you? If you live alone (or don't?) where and how do you eat? Did you change it? How did it feel?

EDIT: So I sat at the table and ate dinner. Just ate. I had one serving (shrimp and bok choy with rice) and then went back for another. A few bites in to the second meal I realized I wasn't hungry anymore and that sitting at the table doing nothing besides eating was really boring so I boxed up the food for lunch. This might actually be the first "diet" that actually works for me.

submitted by /u/stuckandrunningfrom
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Jaiubx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...