I went on vacation and tracked everything i ate. This is what i discovered.

My vacation stats: https://imgur.com/a/c71CqBQ

My husband and I went to a work conference last Thursday and Friday in Nashville, then tacked on a few extra days of vacation. We ate what and where we wanted, but I tracked everything as honestly and accurately as possible.

For reference, as I have been losing weight, my normal intake is around 1300, and I burn an average of 2000 calories per day.

As you can see, the two conference days were my worst (alcohol + hibatchi grill), and added up to over 2000 calories over maintenance. However, the rest of the days we got enough exercise from walking around, and made good, but still delicious, choices on food, so that i was not more than 400 over maintenance for the day.

I was sure I had gone way over to the point I was going to gain 3-5 pounds! But when I added it all up, I was shocked that I was only 3,500 calories over maintenance for the whole trip! One pound! #thankyoujesus

I don't feel like I deprived myself at all. This was the first vacation that my husband and I chose to make small healthier choices, for example getting a small Ice cream instead of a large, only eating one serving of bread at cheesecake factory, etc.

So if you are going on vacation soon, I encourage you to track everything. you may be surprised at how little over maintenance you actually eat, but even if you do eat way over, at least you'll know up front and not be shocked at the scale. I know that whatever the scale says tomorrow when I step on it, I only gained a pound. Whatever else is likely water weight and will even itself out. One week of indulgence and only one week to course correct! Yay!

Edit: to mention that where we were staying, we did not have access to a kitchen so we ate out for every meal. Another redditor posted yesterday about making chicken salads for many of their vacation meals and actually losing weight, which is AMAZING... but not necessarily practical or possible for everyone. Hopefully between these two posts, subsequent comments, and others' stories and tips on loseit, you can find a balance that works for you and your family on vacation!

submitted by /u/jaxrachel
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2z65Smk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...