I've been lazy this year. As in, extraordinarily lazy. I'd leave the house for a maximum of 1-hr per day. I thought that was why I hadn't lost any weight despite eating 'so little.'
A bit of history: A long time ago I did a couple years of religiously using Fitness Pal where I logged everything down to the gram, including my cooking oil. I could look at a restaurant meal, quickly estimate "1,550" and be somewhere in the ballpark + or - 100 calories. I thought I remembered exactly how many calories went into each thing I ate. Not anymore I guess.
I've been dieting without calorie tracking for a year now and not seeing any success. Today I skipped breakfast, had a light lunch and thought hey, I'll have a 1,000 calorie dinner and call it a great day! And something in the back of my brain just asked me to log it. So I put all the data in and NOPE
The beer was 305 calories per bottle (I had two).
My 'single serving' of fish was actually 3.
'a little bit more butter' turned out to be 3X as much as I intended
And all of the salad dressings I own right now happen to be in the 'absurdly high calorie per tablespoon' category, completely ruining the healthy greens.
etc. etc. etc.
No wonder I've been so frustrated with myself. After this meal, I realized I've been "maintaining" for a person who's 30lbs heavier than the one I want to be. Sure I need to get off my ass and get out of this damn house more often, but it's way too easy to let yourself feel confident in your estimates and slowly fall back into a hole. I should have known I was falling off the wagon when I started scoffing at the posts on /r/1200isplenty for being too dramatic.
Ugh, I really like eating guys. And I've been practicing this unhealthy lifestyle and calling it a diet for a YEAR now. It's going to be even harder to mentally shift into legitimate diet now.
Guess I'll never be free of calorie tracking after all.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2lX9FJc
No comments:
Post a Comment