I wouldn’t say I have been morbidly obese my whole life but I have been pretty overweight. Enough that I was considered the funny, fat guy in my friend group. Never bothered me though. I had always lived in pursuit of happiness. So as long as I was happy, gimme those fries. But as college rolled around, anxiety grew, pressure to get an education, a girlfriend, and make new friends began weighing heavy on my mind and then on my body. Eventually I reached my heaviest which was about 280+. I had some muscle but it was mostly fat. I had saggy man tits and my gut stuck out. I hated how I looked and would often suck in my gut when I went to class. My clothes were tight and I felt like a slob. I soon had to buy a bigger belt, which, was a surprisingly horrible feeling. This depression and state of mind lasts for the rest of my college education up until graduation. My life was changing and I wanted my body to change too. With the help and encouragement from friends, family, and periodic lurking on r/loseit I decided to make small changes to my lifestyle.
The small changes I made (cut out soda, bread, most sugars) are starting to now show after 3 months and I could not be more happy. I am insanely more confident with my body. I can take my shirt off and feel good about myself. My friends and family are constantly complimenting me about my weight loss. I am by no means close to my goal weight (which is probably 210. Currently I’m about 230-240) and by no means in what I would consider “good shape” yet. But just those changes were enough to get me going. Not to mention I have even become more active. Something that seemed to happen naturally. I bought a bike and I now regularly ride to my city’s river to swim or downtown to explore. The best feeling yet was to put on that belt I bought so long ago and realize it’s too big for me now.
I don’t have enough money for a gym membership and my apartment’s gym is under renovation so I’m looking for any alternatives to start losing the old me and grow into the new. Would love any recommendations! I am SO happy nowadays and with school finally behind me I can focus on my body rather than my mind.
I don’t know if I can help but if anyone is where I am (or was) my advice is to just start small. Cut out soda, cut out carbs, and eat less sugar. Drink more water than any other liquid. Then once you start feeling changes, go out and be active in what you find fun. Swim, bike, sports, etc! I love to hike and mountain bike so I do that!
TL;DR I used to be fat and very depressed. After I graduated college I cut out soda, bread, and most sugars. After about 3 months I am now seeing the results and I could not be more HAPPY!!
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2KALfTQ
No comments:
Post a Comment