I've been realizing that this is a trap for me more and more lately. A lot of the calories I'm consuming everyday are coming from unnecessary eating that I do as a coping vice. This has definitely been a lifelong coping mechanism for me. I used to have a job I hated and I would bring a big bag of Little Debbie snacks to work to help me deal. After work, I would go to Wendy's for a big strawberry shake. It's a bad habit, but it's also sort of an ingrained response to negative feelings now.
I like to think of myself as an adult who flosses and pays his electric bill, but I still haven't figured out how to negotiate bad feelings and unhappy thoughts. There are things I can control and change, but a lot of things that make me feel down are in the past or beyond me. I'm not complaining too much, my life has had a lot of blessings, but there is still some baggage and problems also no doubt.
Feeling angry, anxious, unhappy, or even just bored will trigger me to eat. I think people call it "eating your feelings". It's the biggest hindrance to losing the weight. I've been anywhere from 15 to 40 pounds overweight pretty much my whole life. What's worse is that I've sort of resigned myself to being chubby, like I sort of believe inside that the food is worth the trade-off to me. I know there are a lot of people out there who have similar issues. How are you all tackling this problem?
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2KVOiqB
No comments:
Post a Comment