I was having dinner with an ex-boyfriend the other day, and I found him making sexual advances toward me, which I rejected, and he flat out took off. Angry, frustrated, displeased, feeling rejected.
Wait, what? Ok, let’s set the stage.
When we were friends with privileges we had sex on a daily. Then when we officially became a couple, he stopped all sexual interaction with me which left me confused. Very confused. You go from having sex with a non committed person, and it’s all the time then, all of a sudden, it’s closed off, yet, were supposed to be a couple?
I had to dive deep into the psychiatry behind the situation. He had a long history of sleeping with randoms, then had his stable of horses ready to go at his beck and call when he wanted sex. In other words, some sexual predators that are intimately not available, keep their list of people they hit up for their sexual needs. And that’s it. But, when you go through a relationships with someone with a dysfunctional sexual history, you are always walking on unknown ice.
When we became “a couple” so to speak, he halted all sexual contact. I went from having sex every day to nothing for months. It was the worse, weirdest, terrible, yet telling experience of my life. Which is why I am sharing this with you now. You can learn a lot about a person based on their relationship to sex.
Once the relationship ended, now that person wanted to have sex with me? WTF. It took me a moment to comprehend that a person I was sexually active with, that turned into a relationship with no sex, then turned into a break up with sex was confounding. It’s a hard tale to tell, but, once I realized his intentions were rooted purely in sex, I had to stop kidding myself, and pretending there could be an adult relationship. I say adult, cause, it’s so high school to have a relationship from a man solely driven by sex. Even worse, a college drive by in the middle of the night, same stupidity.
So, the past few months, it seemed that I was a booty call, a drive by, a woman that he had a history of years of a relationship and it mettled down to this:
I’m at a restaurant with my EX having a good time, looking good, feeling good, and all his attention was pinned on leaving the establishment to go back to watch some HBO show called Succession.
Right! Go back and watch some show?! Please. I put off the idea more than one time to the point that he scurried out angry, annoyed, disappointed?
He left cause his didn’t have his way anymore. He had a shocker moment when he had to face his pattern. We started out as friends with privileges, and stopped that when I found out he was having sex with other people. Then we became a couple and he stopped having sex with me. It’s all so confusing but, I’m trying to point out that you have to examine the trends of your sexual relationships with people to better understand them, and yourself.
Why did he stop having sex with me while we were in a relationship, and now that we’re not that’s all he wants?
That’s when you delve into the psychology behind a man, and find out they don’t even begin to examine their own behaviors, which is weird. But, unless you break the pattern of people going about their business that doesn’t rest right in your mind heart and soul, they just keep on playing.
Nope.
from Psych Central Blogs https://ift.tt/2lXFPUX
No comments:
Post a Comment