Day 1. 222 lbs 27 M. Finally getting started. Have a plan but is it the right plan? Guide me by verifying this please.

Hi there Reddit,

Am finally disciplined and onto making (healthy) aggressive changes to what I eat, how much I exercise and weight loss! Long time lurker here, drawing a lot of inspiration from folks here.

It will be great if you can offer me some advice on my plan, mostly along the lines of

  1. Is what I'm eating nutritionally enough?
  2. Are the timings of the meals correct? Should I move my meals to any other slots? I'm not referring to what time I should eat food, rather at what time I should be eating what - for ex. Should I be eating bulk of carbs in meal 1/2 and protein in meal 4? Should I interchange meal 2 and 4? What order/times can help me loose weight more effectively and healthily?
  3. Are my carbs/proteins/fats/fibre distribution over each meal okaish (acceptable for now, while I improve on them with time?) For example, ideally each meal should have an ideal range distribution of carbs/fibre but my meal 1 and 2 is mostly low glycemic index carbs while meal 4 is mostly proteins and very less carbs.
  4. Am I eating too much protein/too much fibre? Will there be any negative health implications of that?

Plan: intermittent fasting, CICO, 4 small meals a day spaced out 3 hourly intervals, exercise.

M27 CW: 222 lbs SV: 222 lbs GW: 145 lbs No job, study at desk all day, no physical activity (other than my meal prep in hot and humid conditions) unless until I go out and specifically exercise.
Meal 1: 5 AM, oatmeal with muesli, flax seeds, nuts and freshly cut fruits (no sugar added) 350 Cal. Eating about 65 gms of carbs, 10 gms fibre, 12 gms protein, 6 gm's fats.
6-8 AM exercise - walk 5k - 10k steps
Meal 2: 9 AM, mixed freshly cut fruits (fruits vary day to day from papaya, watermelon, sun melon, Washington apples, peaches, red cherry, plums, pears, guavas). 250 Cal max. Fruits quantity ranges from 600 to 1 litre. I'm done with bulk of my low glycemic index carbs for the day at this point. Eating about 35 gms of carbs, 9 gms fibre, 1 gms of protein and 1 gms of fat here.
Meal 3 : 12 PM, vegetables (vary day to day from legumes like beans, cottage cheese, mushrooms, cauliflowers, cabbage, peas, carrots, tomato's, red onions, potato, okra, bottle gourd, bell peppers etc.) 150 Cal. 20 gms of carbs, 4 gms of fibre, 3 gms of proteins and 0 gms of fats.
Meal 4: 3 PM, 200gm grilled chicken and 3 boiled egg whites. 300 Cal. Bulk of protein done, end of day. 6 gms of carbs, 0 fibre, 70 gms of proteins, 3 gms of fats.
3PM - 5 AM intermittent fasting again.
Repeat, day after day.


All in all, I avg. about 130 gms of carbs, 20 gms of fibre, 90 gms of protein and 15 gms of fat in a day (and 6 hours of sleep, 3-4 ltrs of water and 7k steps walking for now; I will increase exercise with time). I'm happy and fairly confident about the plan and schedule - although answers to my queries would really help me out. Am also open to any suggestions/improvements to the plan! Cheers!

submitted by /u/whitenet
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2KZDZSb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...