305 days later, I'm at my goal weight. 85 pounds down.

About a year ago my wife came down the stairs of our house and just had this shocked smile on her face. I asked if something was wrong, and she just said "uhhhhhh...." while holding a pregnancy test in her hand. I was so happy. She had just gotten her IUD out a month before that and we thought it'd take a while to get pregnant. Nope. Nailed it on the first try. A couple months later, the realization that I was going to be a dad set in. I knew that when my child came into this world, I wanted be able to keep up with her. I didn't want to be the fat dad. I wanted to be the fun dad that ran around everywhere with her, so it was time to make a change.

So here are the results: https://imgur.com/a/wV6LKdG

Went from:

285 lbs --> 200 lbs (I'm 6'5")

XXL/XL shirt (depending on the brand) --> M shirt

40 waist --> 34/32 waist (depending again on the brand... you'd think with it being a measure of inches, they'd all be the same, but nope!)

Size 14 ring --> Size 11.5

Size 13 shoe --> Size 12 shoe (how? did my bones shrink?)

And some other fun changes too. Fellas, it's real. Lose weight, gain ... other things. lol

I've had a ton of people ask me how I've done it. And I finally came up with a response that I use every time now: "Move more, eat less". Pretty much just a way to say CICO. I downloaded MFP and have tracked calories for 305 straight days. I hit the gym and did strength training 2x a week, cardio 3x a week (mostly running). That changed when my daughter was born in early April. At that point I didn't really have time for the gym. I was at 225 at that point. These last 25 pounds were all lost just by watching my calorie intake.

My entire approach to food has changed. I don't follow any specific diet, but when I settled into my CICO lifestyle, I found myself searching out foods that had the lowest calorie density and things that kept me full for a while. Vegetables and fruits are great (go figure, right?). Breakfast every morning now, so that I'm not starving come lunch time. I pack my lunch every day now rather than eating out every day for lunch. I used to eat when I was bored or not hungry. None of that any more. My beer consumption has fallen off a cliff. As a homebrewer, I've found that I can't brew things that need to be consumed fast for best flavors. I had to shift toward stouts, saisons, lagers... things that last a while because I just wasn't going through it fast enough.

I'm not going to suggest that it's easy to do this. I found myself struggling from time to time, but if it was easy, everyone would just do it. Now that I'm at my GW, I think I might go another 10 pounds or so and then start maintaining from there. If anyone has any questions or needs help with things I'll be happy to answer, but in the end, every person's journey is different, and every person at the end of the day has to find their own way. Keep at it, losers!

submitted by /u/count2infinity2
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2A1chzt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...