100lbs lost since Jan 1st

On Saturday I celebrated a major milestone. I had hit my yearly goal of losing a 100lbs. I did it in 6 months. I was shocked by the speed of my weight loss. Here's the secret to my success... There is no secret! It takes hard work.

I decided during the Christmas break that I was done with eating so much junk. I looked at my kids and realized that if I kept going the way I had been going, I wouldn't see them graduate High School. That is my motivation. On January 1st I cut out drinking calories. I started tracking calories on MyFitnessPal. I started walking. I use a Fitbit and I hit my 10000 steps everyday. I started focusing on my macros, higher protein, moderate fat, low carbs.

Did I cheat? No! There is no such thing as cheating in my mind. I am okay to eat a treat, but I didn't do it for the first 3 months. I needed to change how I looked at food. Now, if I want a treat, I just make sure to fit it in my caloric intake for the day, but I limit it to small things. I know I can't indulge too much otherwise I will slip back into old habits.

If I can do this, anyone can! I really do mean that. I have had the chance to talk to a number of friends and help get them started towards living better. I spent years lurking here, even posted a few times about starting, but it took me actually closing my mouth and just getting to work to make a start. Don't hesitate, start today. Make a small change and stay consistent with it, then add another small change. Keep going until you are happy with yourself.

Now, my kids are excited to exercise with me. They like to go on walks, or ride their bikes while I walk. My wife is talking about doing Yoga together as a family. The changes I have made are not only impacting my life, but my families life as well.

So I hit my goal in 6 months, now what?! I keep going, I add in strength training. I push as hard as I can to hit my goal weight by the end of the year. Will I make it? I don't know. I do know that I am going to keep pushing to live healthier.

submitted by /u/Jor-El_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2IIr15u

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...