After my post yesterday about the occasional guilty pleasure I wanted to provide a little balance lest those who are just starting out get the idea that we're a bunch of junk food junkies based on the outpouring of "I ate crap today" confessionals. Over the past year plus, I've realized why choosing healthier options on a regular basis is definitely my preference even though I enjoy indulging the odd fast food craving.
Is it because they're more nourishing, chock full of vitamins, minerals and will help to meet my chosen macro nutrient ratios? That's why I'm supposed to eat that way right? Honestly though, that wasn't why my diet shifted more and more towards these choices at first- it's because I get too eat SO... MUCH... MORE. And let's face it, most of us ended up at a weight we never saw ourselves reaching mostly because we enjoying chowing down.
That single whopper I had with cheese was 760 calories, comprised of 33 grams of protein, 47 grams of fat(!) and 49 grams of carbs. Now contrast that with my breakfast and lunch today:
Two slices of turkey breast, a pickle, half a cup of cottage cheese with sliced peaches, a bowl of oatmeal with sliced strawberries, greek yogurt, a chicken stir fry with veggies, a small apple, a banana and another greek yogurt at lunch.
And ALL of that totals just 5 calories more than that one whopper I had at 765 calories! Macro nutrient wise that's 75 grams of protein(!), 8 grams of fat and 98 grams of carbs.
For me, the choice is clear: I love eating, I love to eat more than less, so healthier options ARE the way to go !
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2LQaVJX
No comments:
Post a Comment