I've been working at losing weight for a solid month now. I went from almost no physical activity to filling out the "move" ring on my Apple watch (600 calories) every day, and doing 30-60 minutes of cardio 5-6x a week. I likely used to take in upwards of 3,000 calories a day of utter junk, now I'm doing CICO, and have cut down to >2,000 a day, with the goal to eventually hit 1,700 a day (once I'm feeling less hungry and have conditioned myself better). I also started wearing a CPAP mask after being diagnosed with Sleep Apnea a week and a half ago.
Even though my weight loss has hit a plateau over the past week and a half, I've noticed a lot of small changes that continue to surprise me: *My watch size is down a peg *I'm feeling less achey when I wake up *People say they can notice a loss of weight in my face (I still can't) *I feel more comfortable in one of my favorite shirts now *I have more energy, and things that were initially really hard like a mile on the elliptical are fast becoming part of my daily routine
Still, I've been frustrated over the past week, since my weight has fluctuated back up ~5 lbs, even though I continue to be making healthier choices and exercising better. My Doctor told me that I shouldn't be looking for daily losses, and to look at things as more of a net, but to not lose any weight for a week, after losing 15 lbs in 2 weeks was really discouraging. She said that if I wanted to look for progress, look at how my body is changing. But the issue I have there is, I still feel the same. I don't feel leaner, and I'm not really able to tell if any changes I notice in the mirror are real changes, or just me hoping that they're changes.
But today, when I went to stand up at my desk, a pair of pants I've been wearing on the regular feel straight off. Luckily I caught them before anyone really saw anything, but weirdly, that felt great. I'm not sure why I'm not losing weight, but I really do feel like I'm losing overall "fat" and shape of my body.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2lIXAag
No comments:
Post a Comment