I am 31/M/5’ 10” Went from 253 to 171.5 this morning. Currently 24.5 BMI, 17.4% body fat Got dumped in November 2017, and was overweight. Something snapped in me and I just got super determined. At my heaviest I was 253. I had gotten down to about 236 at the point the before picture was taken in December 2017: https://m.imgur.com/MsztbfD Second picture was yesterday and I weighed in at 171.5 (with a farmers tan) I had been into weightlifting before, but something snapped in me and I really wanted to get serious about lifting and dieting.
For my diet I started with Keto, eating 1500 calories a day, less than 15% carbs all from veggies. Not gunna lie it was pretty tough. I slowly transitioned to including carbohydrates, but I also still eat 1500 calories a day and mostly complex carbs. I’d say my most common meals are some type of chicken with veggies or egg salad I make with low fat mayonnaise. I meal prep for work every Sunday. I don’t really do cheat days, on sundays I get a chicken Caesar salad which I considered a “cheat.” I stopped drinking beer and drink whiskey on the rocks when I go out. My diet is pretty restrictive and it sucked sometimes not getting appetizers when out with friends drinking a couple drinks, but I had a goal and I wanted to stick to it. Now the most important part of weight loss is eating. But I wanted to get serious about lifting. I started by just doing push ups, sit ups, and light lifting routines on a universal machine. I did almost no cardio until I reached about 190. I slowly switched to doing Reddit’s PPL which is a 6 day a week program. I’ve started running and riding my road bike to add some cardio into my routine, but I hate cardio. I run somewhere close to a 9 minute mile now, which is pretty terrible.
As far as advice I’d say the most important tools were my renpho scale I got for like 20 bucks on amazon. I weigh myself every day, and it automatically populates in my Fitbit app. I got a Fitbit blaze to track my steps and workouts which helps me get an idea of how active I’ve been that day. The BIGGEST thing was a cheap food scale I got on amazon. With things like peanut butter I couldn’t believe how off my tbsp measurements were off. I track everything in grams and it just helps you get way more accurate amount of food.
I know my way isn’t for everyone, it can even get to be too much for me sometimes. every time I hit a goal I set for myself I set another goal line for myself so I’m always better than yesterday.
My plans are to get down to about 14% body fat, then eat maintenance for a few months. Then I’ve been considering a bulk and a cut for next summer. I hope this helps other people just starting out. I still feel like it’s so weird the differences between 7 months and now. Good luck to everyone out there!
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2McngXV
No comments:
Post a Comment