New shingles vaccine is highly effective, long-lasting — and in short supply

New shingles vaccine is highly effective, long-lasting — and in short supply

A national shortage of a new and more effective vaccine to protect adults older than 50 from the painful rash known as shingles is prompting retailers to create waiting lists and the manufacturer to delay additional promotion. Shingrix, licensed in the fall by the Food and Drug Administration, is the preferred vaccine recommended by the Centers for […]

Related:
Kids in these U.S. hot spots at higher risk because parents opt out of vaccinations
Higher vitamin D levels linked to lower colorectal cancer risk, study finds
A child in Idaho was treated for plague — the first human case in the state in 26 years


from To Your HealthTo Your Health https://ift.tt/2K8GmO3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...