I know it’s long winded, I tried cutting it down as much as possible.
I just wanted to share my progress of losing weight and how difficult it was for me doing so in the process and the ways it became easier for me overtime and the motivation that keeps me going to this day.
All the way through school I was known as the fat kid, and I had every right to be called that, I would eat in extreme amounts and I was lucky that my health didn’t become a serious problem. But it made my time at school very difficult, I had friends but even they still called me fat, so could I really call them friends?? No, but I stuck with them. My mental health took a turn for the worse but I refused to tell anyone or get help, I always wanted to be one of those “sporty” guys but thought I never could. Then I left secondary school and on January 1st 2017 I vowed to myself that regardless of how much trial and error or days where I thought I really can’t do this I would.
I started just eating better, not having midnight snacks or sweets, and I will admit for the first month, seeing my “friends” eat all the crap they wanted and them trying to throw it in my face was difficult. But I got through it, then it gradually became easier, I didn’t crave eating sweets or snacking, I stuck to my normal meals.
After a couple months of that I knew I wanted to speed this up, and become that “sporty” guy, so I joined the gym and just began running on the treadmill. And instantly got hooked, it became my place where if life became hard and I struggled, this is how I’d get my anger out and everyday religiously I’ve been for 8 months straight, slowly I started to lose more weight and decided I wanted to pick up the weights so I did, and I did that for about 4 months of just not knowing what I was doing and lifting. That showed no results so I decided to get serious, and started a “cut”. Recording my macros, cooking my own meals and my lord has it completely changed my life.
Few ways it’s changed my life: (few, I could list hundreds) Mainly my social life, after I got slimmer and lost weight I ditched those so called friends and met new friends, friends at the gym and people that actually offer help to me when I need it and support me, not just Call me fat.
My appearance is a big deal to me, when I was at my biggest I would wear jumper in the summers regardless of how hot it was, just to cover up my belly and moobs,it was horrible. But now I feel confident wearing anything
My physical health has massively increased, I don’t struggle to walk and I can do things that I want to do without my body going nope, not today, not now not ever
My motivation to do this has always been the same, even the days when I wanted to give up and just accept this was me. I have lived off thinking to myself, that
“I can’t stop, I have to many people I need to prove wrong, I have myself to prove wrong”
I know it’s cheesy but I live off that when I’m at the gym and I’ll tell myself it over and over pushing for that extra rep, extra mile, if I tell my body to shut up and ignore that pain, that stitch and push it more and more each time my body is going to have to realise that this guy isn’t quitting 😂
Here’s the pics,
from left to right the dates are
January 1st 2017-18 stone/252 pounds/age 17
October 1st 2017-14stone/196 pounds/ 17
June 19th 2018-11.5 stone/161 pounds/18
I have a long road ahead to be the way I want to, I want to start bulking when I’m happy and become muscly etc (won’t get into it) but if your reading this and just starting, or already a month in a week in I don’t care, what you want to become is possible, visualise it and you will get there, understand that there will be times where things you do fail, it’s all about trial and error but just know that if you don’t give up and and keep pushing in a years time there is no doubt that you can look unrecognisable from the way you are now and you will thank yourself
Thanks for reading if you did, I know it’s long winded
Good luck!!
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2K8wggk
No comments:
Post a Comment