[Progress] Figured it was about time I showed you my before/after photos, loose skin and all! 123lbs gone in total, so far.

Pics or gtfo

Sadly I don't have any photos of me at my largest (116kg//255.7lbs//18st3lbs), I took these at 101kg after I'd lost 15kg, because I knew at that point I was getting somewhere. Learn from my regrets, I'm now annoyed at not knowing what the true before/after is!

I started in July 2016, and have been maintaining (read: yo-yoing wildly) between 126lbs-136lbs since July 2017. I peaked up to 140lbs again at one point, but told myself to get a grip and am now sitting back at 133lbs, with hopes to get to at least 130lbs, if not 125lbs.

From July 2016 to January 2017 I tried keto... big fail for me. I lost about 21lbs but I hated it, it was very slow, and ugh I just like carbs too much. I used vague CICO from January 2017 which is when the weight actually started coming off properly if erratically, and then in April 2017 I went fully fledge CICO with myfitnesspal, and never really looked back as it worked so consistently. I would recommend starting with a smaller, more manageable deficit, and working your way in like that - jumping straight to eating 1200cals when you're used to 2500cals isn't gonna be fun really, is it?! I have exercised on and off, but nothing major, and it varies wildly. I did complete the C25K app, which I would recommend to any newbies to running, it's really really good (I could not run for 30 seconds when I started, now I can do 5k in 28 minutes).

The last two of the side photos are roughly the same weight, about a year apart - hopefully this can show what vaguely maintaining for a year does for loose skin pulling back in. It's actually more noticeable from the front, the ol' pooch looks higher up and less saggy, but I don't have any front photos from that weight last year.

Goals moving forward: lose the loose skin as much as possible via packing on some muscle, get a good butt and legs. Try not to gain all the weight back.

I suppose I'm posting this really because I've lost perspective on my weight loss. It no longer seems like much to me, and I struggle to see a big difference between the first and last photos. I definitely see a difference! I just don't see what (to me) a 90-100lb difference should look like - which is dumb, because I see it on other people's photos within a second. Ah well. Body dysmorphia is fun, 0/10 would not recommend.

Thanks for reading, and hopefully including the in-between photos for the side progress should be helpful for some people - I know when I was starting out, I really wanted to see 'exactly what I'd look like' (dumb, of course, everyone is different) at certain weights.

Good luck with all your goals. :-)

submitted by /u/YeePeeKaiYay
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2KhZHAu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...