Hello /r/loseit!
I decided to run today for the first time in about a year. Well, it's actually been about two years. I'm 24 right now and I currently weigh 186 lbs at 5'4. Yeah, that's a lot for a short guy. None of it is muscle either.
Anyway, I used to run competitively towards the tail end of high school, and I picked the habit back up when I joined the military. (well, obviously, but I actually liked it!) At my best, I was able to run a sub 20 5k and a 5 minute mile. I got hurt late 2015 and running hasn't been the same since.
I decided to run today because enough is enough. My injuries (toe fracture and knee ligaments) should be healed and the doctor even recommended I should exercise ASAP. (and diet too)
So, here I am! I ran 3.11 miles today in 34:24.5, or at an 11:04 pace. I feel pretty good about this, and while it's painful to look at my current state and think about what could've been, or where I was, I'm going to take this as an opportunity to go forward.
Gonna continue to push until I'm back to where I was, and maybe even improve too.
P.S. My injuries didn't hold me back, my excuses did.
P.P.S. I figured this would be an appropriate sub since I'm trying to lose weight and the running community deleted my post for some reason. Oh well.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2HAox8R
No comments:
Post a Comment