NSV: "People like you aren't supposed to be this way"

My grandmother is borderline obese, and I was the fat granddaughter. My two cousins were the very-almost-model-skinny-type, they are also grandma favorites. Growing up, I was always hearing about how my cousin was going to get a model gig, she always gave me diet-guides as gifts and talked about dieting with me (while trying to feed me as much as possible, of course). Well, I'm not fat anymore. I'm not yet where I want to be, but I am the skinniest I've ever been in my entire life.

Last weekend was my 22 years old birthday, and my grandma called, asked if there was going to be any cake and I said that yes, my father was buying a nice ice cream cake from my favorite shop. She then said "well, that's good, you better eat it because you're way too skinny. People like you aren't supposed to be this way. You're large and that's in your genetics".

I just gave a awkward laugh. It's crazy how she decided what I should be and how I should look. I don't care if I shouldn't be skinny and health. I am. Too bad she can't deal with it.

submitted by /u/vanglitter_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Mcniiv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teen struggling w/ weight + no support at home, where the hell do I even start?

So I’m a teenager and I’ve been overweight/obese basically my whole life. And it’s been messing with me pretty bad. For the record, I don’...