I have a benign brain tumour (shoutout r/prolactinoma) and have to visit the endocrinologist every 3 months for a check in, mainly because it’s doing some pretty unexpected stuff and my meds were messing with me for a while.
Last time I was there, just over 3 months ago, my appointment was taken by a different doctor than the one I usually see. He was a young-ish guy and he was a doctor so naturally I thought he was really attractive - and because I haven’t been able to look good for years, I just try to be funny.
I asked that doctor what my weight had been the appointment before that one, and the one before that, and it turned out I was putting on about 15lbs between each of my quarterly appointments. We made a few jokes and were generally just pretty giggly about it, and at the end of the appointment he said “so we’ll see you in another 15lbs!”, I said “I’m going to tell all of my friends you said that.” and I did.
Today I went for my check up after having started CICO 2 months ago, and I’ve been so excited to see what difference there is in my weight. From the day I started using MFP to this morning I’ve lost 20lbs, and I was so looking forward to the nurse weighing me and then going in to see the doctor.
So I went in and they weighed me and they wrote down 90kg (and I don’t know what that means). I went in to see my usual doctor and had the usual discussions, some good looking changes in my bloods, I’m up for an MRI again now, and at the end of the appointment I asked him what my weight was last time I went in - 102kgs, and he told me that I’d “apparently lost 12kgs, well done!”
I didn’t know what that meant so as I headed out to the car park I did a quick conversion in google and that’s 26lbs! That’s more than I knew I’d lost!
Which felt great :)
A bit of an SV and an NSV at the same time. Yay! I immediately thought “I’m gonna tell r/loseit about this” :)
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2te2akT
No comments:
Post a Comment